Anne Springs Close Greenway Professional Photography Policy
Effective August 1, 2016
The Anne Springs Close Greenway (the “Greenway”) offers a variety of photography options with respect to landscape and architecture on its 2,000 acres. The Greenway is private property and any photography must comply with this Policy. The need to protect the Greenway and high volume of photography requests requires us to manage the process and to institute this Policy. For the purpose of this Policy, photography includes videography.
Professional photographers are defined as persons being compensated (including barter) for individual or family photography services. Professional photographers are not defined by primary sources of income.
Commercial photographers are those who are engaged in the sale or distribution of photography or engaged by a commercial entity for the purposes of photography services. Such services that result in the sale of photographs, product advertisements, marketing collateral or some other form of public promotional campaign must be contracted separately. Rates reflected herein are not applicable to commercial photography and videography.
Amateur photographers are those who do not exchange money, compensation or barter for photography services and who do not use props such as furniture and professional equipment such as special flash, lighting or reflective disks. Amateur photographers do not sell, exchange or transfer photographs for any compensation. Amateur photographers may take photos in areas that are open to the public but shall not infringe upon private events or areas being used by professional photographers.
- Each photography session must be reserved in advance through the Greenway Headquarters by calling 803-548-7252.
- Professional photographers have priority use of specifically reserved areas. Photographers may take photos only in approved areas. No photographers, assistants or subjects may step in any landscaped areas, pastures or other fenced areas deemed off-limits to the public.
- Use of indoor facilities is subject to availability and facility rental fees.
- The Springfield House is not an authorized area for any photographers and no person shall photograph the Springfield House without the express written consent of the Greenway.
- Photographers, equipment and props shall not block, inhibit or detour vehicular, equine or pedestrian traffic. Climbing or mounting equipment in trees, buildings or other improvements is not permitted.
- Each session shall last no more than two hours; no more than four consecutive hours can be reserved on a single day.
- Photographers shall obey all posted rules and signage and may not drive beyond designated parking areas.
- All non-members must pay admission fee to gain access to the Greenway.
- Drone photography is not permitted.
- All photo subjects must be fully and appropriately clothed.
- Photography of Greenway landscapes and architecture may not be used for commercial or retail purposes without prior written approval from the Greenway.
- The Greenway reserves the right to prohibit any photography on its lands for any reason, including if the filming or photography creates the potential for: (i) disruption of activities of Greenway guests, events or employees; (ii) damage to or alteration of Greenway property; (iii) inappropriate use of the Greenway name, marks or image; (iv) disruption of traffic, parking or pedestrian pathways; (v) other safety hazards; or (vi) violations of Greenway policies or governing laws.
- Photographers are accountable and responsible for their actions and those of their subjects along with any staff or assistants related to any damage to the Greenway property.
- PERMISSION TO PHOTOGRAPH THE GREENWAY PROPERTY IS CONDITIONED ON COMPLIANCE WITH THIS POLICY. NON-COMPLIANCE MAY RESULT IN FORFEITURE OF THE RIGHT TO USE SUCH PHOTOGRAPHS, FUTURE PHOTOGRAPHY PRIVILEGES AND HAVING TO LEAVE THE GREENWAY.
- PROFESSIONAL AND COMMERCIAL PHOTOGRAPHERS MUST ALSO COMPLY WITH THE PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY RULES AND REGULATIONS.
Professional Photography Rules and Regulations
- The Anne Springs Close Greenway (the “Greenway”) is private property and the Greenway’s express permission is required for any photography or videography of the Greenway property. For the purpose of this Policy, photography includes videography.
- These Rules and Regulations supplement the Photography Policy for professional and commercial photographers. All activities must also comply with such Photography Policy.
- Photographers must have a valid basic Individual ($49.00 annual fee) or be part of a Family ($99.00 annual fee) Greenway membership to the Anne Springs Close Greenway (“the Greenway”) in order to purchase the Pass.
- The Pass is $500.00. Purchase a Pass at Greenway Headquarters located at 250 Dairy Barn Lane or from Member Services at the Recreation Complex located at 971 Tom Hall Street, by appointment only during regular office hours (Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.) To set up an appointment please email LindaTurner@ASCGreenway.org or HeatherStahr@ASCGreenway.org.
The photographer must possess/wear the lanyard Professional Photography Pass (the “Pass”) as identification while conducting approved photography work on the Greenway at all times.
A primary Pass is issued to one photographer only. Associates from the same studio or business may add additional Passes for $100.00 per person per year.
- In lieu of purchasing an annual Pass, professional photographers may pay a $50 per two hour block of time scheduled session (“Session”). This Session fee must be prepaid at the time of reservation. The Greenway may grant exemptions/waivers to include photographs made: (1) solely for private or family use without a financial gain; (2) for use in criminal investigations or civil proceedings; (3) for news purposes; (4) for charitable purposes; and (5) for educational/academic purposes.
- The primary Pass includes one annual special events parking pass.
- The Pass authorizes a Pass holder to schedule up to two 2-hour Sessions/day with approved reservation. Reservations are subject to availability including Greenway events and other photographers.
- All Sessions must be reserved in advance by calling the Greenway Headquarters at 803.548.7252.
- The Pass does not gain the holder access to indoor photography Sessions. Facility rental availability and rates apply.
- Non-member photography subjects associated with the photoshoot must pay the per person daily admission fee.
- Photographers must conduct their work in a manner that does not impact the general public’s enjoyment of the Anne Springs Close Greenway. These obligations include but are not limited to:
- No standing in flower beds;
- No blocking roads, private drives, sidewalks or trails or preventing others from accessing the property without special advance permission.
- No damaging the property. Areas must be clean following the Session including removal of all trash and debris.
- Minimal use of props is allowed and must be transported by the Pass holder. The Greenway will not accept delivery or allow onsite storage of any of props.
- The Greenway is not responsible for any loss or damage to photography equipment.
- The image, logo, and name “Anne Springs Close Greenway” is a registered trademark and any use is prohibited without prior written permission from the Greenway. The Greenway expressly reserves all rights for photographic reproduction of the Greenway Property. In general, non-educational and commercial reproductions of Greenway Property will not be approved. The Greenway reserves the right to license vendors, collect royalties, initiate fees or otherwise control use of Greenway Property.
- Any commercial photography activity conducted at the Greenway is subject to additional fees, rules and regulations. Commercial photographers must disclose the purpose and subject matter of the commercial activity and strictly comply with the terms of such disclosure. Commercial photography related to the marketing of companies or organizations or on the subject matter of issues incompatible with the goals and missions of the Greenway is not authorized.
- Photographers must review and abide by the Greenway rules of conduct policy, schedule an approved reservation time and place, and receive approval in advance for their project from the Greenway Headquarters by calling 803-548-7252.
- PERMISSION TO PHOTOGRAPH GREENWAY PROPERTY IS CONDITIONED ON COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND REGULATIONS. NON-COMPLIANCE MAY RESULT IN FORFEITURE OF THE ANNUAL FEE, FUTURE PHOTOGRAPHY PRIVILEGES AND PERMISSION TO USE SUCH PHOTOGRAPHS AND HAVING TO LEAVE THE GREENWAY.