Anne Springs Close Greenway
Rules, Terms & Conditions
Leroy Springs & Company, Inc., a South Carolina non-profit corporation (“LSC”), operates The Anne Springs Close Greenway in Fort Mill Township, York County, South Carolina (the “ASC Greenway” or “Greenway”). The Greenway offers a variety of activities including, without limitation, ropes courses, horseback riding, mountain biking, fishing, hiking, camping, kayaking, canoeing, games, dog parks, running and biking races, events and group initiative problems / team building (each, an “Activity,” and collectively, the “Activities”). In consideration of LSC allowing me and any family member(s) set forth in the Application / Registration to participate in one or more Activities at the Greenway, I / we agree to comply with all applicable laws and all rules adopted by LSC from time to time with respect to any Activity, and further agree as follows (as used in this Agreement and except as stated otherwise, “I” shall refer individually and collectively to all persons set forth in the Application/Registration).
Rules. When using the trail system at the Anne Springs Close Greenway, please be adhere to the following:
‐ In case of emergency, dial 911.
‐ Enjoy and respect the property and its resources.
‐ All individuals accessing the Anne Springs Close Greenway may be asked for member identification upon entrance. Greenway memberships are available for individuals and families. Daily admission fees apply ($12 adult, $6 for youth 5-12.)
‐ All Federal, State and Local laws are enforced within the Greenway.
‐ Obey all directions given by Rangers and Staff or posted on signs.
‐ Trails open daily at 7 a.m. and close at sunset. Those on property after sunset and when gates are closed are considered trespassing in accordance with SC Code 16-11-600.
‐ All equestrians must access the Greenway from the Lake Haigler Entrance located off of Highway 21 Bypass. Use designated horse trailer parking and horse trails only.
‐ Trails may be closed following rain or other inclement weather. Please call 803.547.1019 for updated trail information or visit ASCGreenway.org.
‐ Hikers may use all trails.
‐ Cyclists yield to hikers; hikers yield to equestrians.
‐ Leave no trace. If you pack it in, pack it out. Trash and recycle containers are located at major trailheads. Glass containers are not allowed.
‐ Dogs must be leashed at all times and waste must be picked up and removed.
‐ Do not harm wildlife or the Greenway landscape. Stay to designated trails and paths. This applies to members, visitors and their animals.
‐ Do not scratch, injure or deface trees; pick flowers, cut branches, remove plants or dig into Greenway soil.
‐ Amplified sound devices are not allowed without a permit.
‐ All motorized vehicles are prohibited on trail system.
‐ Hunting and possession of firearms is prohibited.
‐ Open fires are prohibited.
‐ Swimming is prohibited in lakes and streams.
‐ Fishing is restricted to members only; South Carolina DNR fishing license is required.
‐ Outside alcohol is prohibited.
- No tobacco products allowed.
- Professional photography by permit only.
- No drones allowed. See photography policy for more information.
- LSC is committed to maintaining a safe and welcoming environment that is free of racism, discrimination, and harassment and in which all employees, members and guests are treated with dignity and respect. Racism, discrimination, and harassment of any kind is contrary to our core values and undermines our mission to connect all people to nature through conservation, recreation and education. Racism, discrimination, and harassment of any kind will not be tolerated on any LSC property or within LSC programs operating within or outside of the property. This policy enforces zero tolerance for any forms of racism, harassment, and/or discrimination, regardless of intention. Any person who violates this policy is subject to having his or her individual or family membership or guest status immediately revoked, and/or being immediately removed from any LSC program or property.
‐ Failure to comply with these rules may result in revocation of membership, summons or arrest.
Assumption of Risk, Waiver, Release and Indemnity Agreement
Leroy Springs & Company, Inc., a South Carolina non-profit corporation (“LSC”), operates The Anne Springs Close Greenway in Fort Mill Township, York County, South Carolina (the “ASC Greenway” or “Greenway”). The Greenway offers a variety of activities including, without limitation, archery, ropes courses, horseback riding, mountain biking, fishing, hiking, camping, kayaking, canoeing, games, dog parks, running and biking races, events, group initiative problems, various volunteer programs and activities and low and high ropes course elements (each, an “Activity,” and collectively, the “Activities”). In consideration of LSC allowing me to participate in one or more Activities at the Greenway, I agree to comply with all applicable laws and all rules adopted by LSC from time to time with respect to any Activity, and I further agree as follows:
Acknowledgment and Assumption of Risk.
I acknowledge, understand and agree that: (a) the Activities can be causes of loss or damage to my equipment, or accidental injury, illness, or in extreme cases, permanent trauma or death; (b) participation in these Activities can be very dangerous and may entail high risk of injury or death to any participant; (c) the description of these risks is not complete and that other unknown or unanticipated risks may result in injury or death; (d) I assume and accept full responsibility for the risks identified herein and those risks not specifically identified; (e) my participation in these Activities is purely voluntary, no one is forcing me to participate, and I elect to participate in spite of and with full knowledge of the risks; (f) engaging in these Activities may require a degree of skill and knowledge different than other activities and that I have responsibilities as a participant to ensure I am capable of performing the Activities; and (g) for certain Activities, the ASC Greenway staff may be available to more fully explain to me the nature and physical demands of each Activity and the inherent risks, hazards and dangers associated with these Activities, but the ASC Greenway assumes no responsibility to explain all risks to me, and I am solely responsible for determining whether I should participate in a certain Activity. I certify that I and any Minor (defined below) for whom I sign this agreement are fully capable of participating in these Activities. Therefore, I assume and accept full responsibility for myself, including all minor children under the age of 18 in my care, custody and control (each, a “Minor”), for bodily injury, death or loss of personal property and expenses as a result of the risks and dangers identified herein and those risks and dangers not specifically identified, and as a result of my or a Minor’s negligence in participating in any Activities. I also understand and acknowledge that the ASC Greenway cannot foresee or predict every possible risk or danger which may result in injury or death, and it is my responsibility to participate, and to ensure that each Minor participates, in a responsible and careful manner at all times. For certain Activities, the Greenway may require me to complete a Participant Information form containing basic information about my or a Minor’s physical condition and medical history. I represent and warrant that any Participant Information form I have completed is accurate and complete.
Waiver and Release.
I, for myself and any Minor for whom I sign this agreement, waive, release, discharge and agree not to sue or bring any claim against LSC, the Greenway, or any of their respective directors, members, managers, shareholders, officers, employees, or agents (collectively, “Released Parties”), for or with respect to any and all claims, liabilities, judgments, damages, costs, fees or expenses, including without limitation, attorneys’ fees and expenses (collectively, “Claims”), arising out of or related to this agreement, my or any Minor’s participation in any Activity, my or any Minor’s presence in or around the Greenway, or my or any Minor’s use of any equipment I, a Minor or another person may have brought onto the Greenway or equipment provided by the Greenway (collectively, “Equipment”), including, without limitation, any Claims for personal injury, death, or damage to property and specifically including, without limitation, any and all Claims based on the alleged negligence of any of the Released Parties to the extent allowed by applicable law, but excluding Claims based on gross negligence.
I, for myself and any Minor for whom I sign this agreement, agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless each of the Released Parties (i.e., I agree to pay or reimburse each of the Released Parties) from and against any and all Claims arising out of or related to this agreement, my or any Minor’s participation in any Activity, my or any Minor’s presence in or around the Greenway, or my or any Minor’s use of any Equipment, including, with-out limitation, any Claims for personal injury, death, or damage to property and specifically including, without limitation, any and all Claims based on the alleged negligence of any of the Released Parties.
LSC has the right to require me to provide proof of liability insurance as a condition to my participation in an Activity. I acknowledge that I and any Minor may be photographed, recorded or videoed while participating in Activities, and I hereby (a) waive any right of privacy and (b) authorize LSC and the Greenway to use, copy, reproduce and distribute any photograph, video, or sound recording for any purpose at no charge. I agree to comply with any rules adopted by the Greenway or LSC from time to time with respect to any Activity. I agree that this agreement will be interpreted and enforced under the laws of South Carolina, and that venue for any legal proceeding regarding this agreement shall be in York County, South Carolina. If any part of this agreement is held by a court to be unenforceable, the unenforceable part of this agreement will be deleted without any effect on the remainder of this agreement. By signing below, I intend to place my hands and seals on this agreement so that this agreement will be considered a sealed instrument for all purposes under South Carolina law. I have carefully read, clearly understood and accept the terms and conditions stated herein and acknowledge that this agreement shall be effective and binding upon myself, my heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate and for all members of my family, including each Minor. If I am signing for a Minor, I represent and warrant that I have legal authority to sign this agreement for the Minor, and I hereby agree to all of the foregoing terms, covenants, representations and warranties for and on behalf of such Minor. My covenants under this agreement will survive termination of this agreement or my participation in any Activity.
Effective August 19, 2020 | Updated February 2, 2023
Anne Springs Close Greenway
The Anne Springs Close Greenway (the “Greenway”) offers a variety of photography options with respect to landscape and architecture on its 2,000 acres. The Greenway is private property and any photography must comply with this Policy. The need to protect the Greenway and high volume of photography requests requires us to manage the process and to institute this Policy. For the purpose of this Policy, photography includes videography.
Professional photographers are defined as persons being compensated (including barter) for individual or family photography services. Professional photographers are not defined by primary sources of income.
Commercial photographers are those who are engaged in the sale or distribution of photography or engaged by a commercial entity for the purposes of photography services. Such services that result in the sale of photographs, product advertisements, marketing collateral or some other form of public promotional campaign must be contracted separately. Rates reflected herein are not applicable to commercial photography and videography.
Amateur photographers are those who do not exchange money, compensation or barter for photography services and who do not use props such as furniture and professional equipment such as special flash, lighting or reflective disks. Amateur photographers do not sell, exchange or transfer photographs for any compensation. Amateur photographers may take photos in areas that are open to the public but shall not infringe upon private events or areas being used by professional photographers.
1. Each photography session must be reserved in advance through the Greenway website by completing the Photography Session Request Form.
2. Professional photographers have priority use of specifically reserved areas. Photographers may take photos only in approved areas. No photographers, assistants or subjects may step in any landscaped areas, pastures or other fenced areas deemed off-limits to the public.
3. All photographers and clients must park in designated parking areas and walk to desired destination. Photographers shall obey all posted rules and signage and may not drive beyond designated parking areas.
4. All non-members must pay admission fee to gain access to the Greenway.
5. Photographers, equipment and props shall not block, inhibit or detour vehicular, equine or pedestrian traffic. Climbing or mounting equipment in trees, buildings or other improvements is not permitted.
6. Each client session shall last no more than two hours; no more than four consecutive hours can be reserved on a single day.
7. Photography in the Lake Haigler peach orchards is subject to availability. No dogs allowed in the peach orchards. Picking fruit is strictly prohibitted.
8. Use of indoor facilities is subject to availability and facility rental fees.
9. The Springfield House is not an authorized area for any photographers and no person shall photograph the Springfield House without the express written consent of the Greenway.
10. DRONE PHOTOGRAPHY IS NOT PERMITTED.
11. All photo subjects must be fully and appropriately clothed.
12. Photography of Greenway landscapes and architecture may not be used for commercial or retail purposes without prior written approval from the Greenway.
13. The Greenway reserves the right to prohibit any photography on its lands for any reason, including if the filming or photography creates the potential for: (i) disruption of activities of Greenway guests, events or employees; (ii) damage to or alteration of Greenway property; (iii) inappropriate use of the Greenway name, marks or image; (iv) disruption of traffic, parking or pedestrian pathways; (v) other safety hazards; or (vi) violations of Greenway policies or governing laws.
14. Photographers are accountable and responsible for their actions and those of their subjects along with any staff or assistants related to any damage to the Greenway property.
15. PERMISSION TO PHOTOGRAPH THE GREENWAY PROPERTY IS CONDITIONED ON COMPLIANCE WITH THIS POLICY. NON-COMPLIANCE MAY RESULT IN FORFEITURE OF THE RIGHT TO USE SUCH PHOTOGRAPHS, FUTURE PHOTOGRAPHY PRIVILEGES AND HAVING TO LEAVE THE GREENWAY.
16. PROFESSIONAL AND COMMERCIAL PHOTOGRAPHERS MUST ALSO COMPLY WITH THE PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY RULES AND REGULATIONS.
Anne Springs Close Greenway
Land Management Practices
The Greenway has two main prairies, the Dottie Metzler and the Schweinitz Sunflower Prairie. We manage these prairies to restore native plants and wildlife, such as the Schweintiz Sunflower and quail. Management tools include prescribed burning, mowing, discing and herbicides.
The Greenway has 6 ponds located within its boundaries. These ponds provide recreational opportunities such as fishing and kayaking. They also serve as a water quality filter that helps protect our local streams from sediments. Management activities vary from removal of trees and shrubs from the dam to cleaning the spillways. Periodically chemical treatments are necessary to reduce levels of algae.
The Greenway trails provide a high-quality experience for hikers, mountain bikers and equestrian users. Routine trail maintenance is necessary to control erosion and allow water to shed off the trails. In order to allow the heavily impacted trails to dry, we often close the bike and horse trails after a rain event. When we get a very heavy rainstorm that spills over the banks of Steele Creek, we will close all the trails on the property.
The Greenway is home to a wide variety of wildlife including eagles, turtles, fish, snakes, salamanders and deer. We actively monitor bluebirds and wood ducks. Management activities are used to maintain deer, beaver and coyote to desired population levels.
Anne Springs Close Greenway Archers Program
The Anne Springs Close Greenway Archers Program is managed by the Greenway’s Natural Resources staff under the guidance of the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources (SCDNR) to control deer overpopulation and prevent disease.
A select group of experienced bow hunters are assigned specific hunting zones within the Anne Springs Close Greenway. They are evaluated annually and granted access based on set criteria.
No firearms are allowed on Greenway property. Deer season is August 31st – December 31st. Any unauthorized hunting on Greenway property will be considered poaching and appropriate legal action will be taken for trespassing.