The Greenway offers a variety of hands-on, interactive learning programs specifically designed to meet Girl Scout badge requirements.
For more information on Girl Scout program opportunities or to schedule a field trip, please contact Kelly Murphy, M.Ed., Outdoor Education Manager at or 803-547-1083.
2018-19 Girl Scout Programs
March 9th – Tree Explorations – Cadette
(9:00am-11:30am)- $20 per Girl Scout
Come out to the Anne Springs Close Greenway to explore nature while learning about native trees. Meet new girls through crafts, hiking explorations and being close to nature! We will cover all components of the Tree Badge except one.
March 22nd – Night Explorations – Cadette
(7:30pm-10:00pm)- $20 per Girl Scout
Come out to the Anne Springs Close Greenway to explore nature after dark. We will study animal adaptations and constellations, head into the woods in the dark of night and enjoy hot cocoa and s’mores around the fire. Will cover all components of the Night Owl Badge except one.
March 30th – Low Ropes – Cadette/Junior
(9:00am-11:30am)- $20 per Girl Scout
Come out to the Anne Springs Close Greenway to learn about teambuilding and communication. Get ready to challenge your troop with balance, trust and lots of laughter. Be prepared to get up close and personal while making new friends.
April 6th – Gardening – Daisies
(9:00am-10:30am)- $15 per Girl Scout
Come and make the world a better place by helping out at the Anne Springs Close Greenway Plant-A-Row Garden where all the food grown goes to help others. Be prepared to get dirty as we pull weeds and plant and water a new row of seeds. This will help you on your Between Earth and Sky Journey.
May 3rd-4th – Overnight Campout – All Ages
(5pm-10am)- $35 per participant
Want to try camping but don’t have the time to attend the intensive trainings? Come to the Anne Springs Close Greenway and let our Education staff be your experienced helpers for the night. We provide help with setting up your tents, monitoring the fire and dinner. Hot dogs and the fixin’s will be provided as well as s’mores. Please feel free to bring snacks for the midnight munchies and breakfast for Saturday morning. While there will be no scheduled activities, we will provide outdoor game equipment, scavenger hunts and suggested hikes. This is a great time to work on any outdoor badge components. Our Education staff will have a telescope on site and host a night sky program for the girls.
May 11th – Bug Explorations – Brownies
(9:00am-11:00am)- $15 per Girl Scout
Get ready to explore the brilliant world of bugs here at the Anne Springs Close Greenway! Start by learning about some of our local bugs before creating your own mythical bug. After this, we will have a chance to see some bugs in action as we adventure into the home of many bugs – rotting logs! Prepare to get dirty and slimy! Will cover all the components of the Bug Badge.
May 18th – Outdoor Adventure – Brownie
(9-11am)- $15 per Girl Scout
Get ready for a few hours of adventure at the Anne Springs Close Greenway! We will start by playing some outdoor games and then learn some outdoor skills (can anybody say ‘sleeping bag race’!). Prepare to get wet as we explore in our creek, looking for all sorts of critters. Will cover all the components, except one, of the Outdoor Adventure Badge.
Program Registration Procedures
- All girls participating in a Girl Scout activity must be registered with Girl Scouts of the USA.
- Registration for all programs closes two weeks prior to the event or when registration reaches its maximum number of participants, unless otherwise noted.
- Program confirmations are typically sent after the program closing date within 1 week of the program.
- Register by calling Kelly Murphy at 803-547-1083.
- Payment must be received by program closing date. Credit/debit cards are accepted via phone 803-547-1083. Checks can be mailed to the following address:
Anne Springs Close Greenway
Attn: Kelly Murphy, M.Ed.
PO Box 1209
Fort Mill, SC 29716
- Adults are expected to accompany girls and serve as group leaders, unless otherwise noted in the event description. Girl Scout Safety Guidelines must be followed for troop trips to program events.
Program Cancellation & Refund Policy
Anne Springs Close Greenway reserves the right to cancel or modify any program if insufficient registrations or any extenuating circumstances should occur. Programs will run rain or shine with the exception of severe weather. In case of severe weather, all efforts will be made to reschedule the program in lieu of canceling.
Refunds will only be given if:
- Program event is cancelled by Anne Springs Close Greenway due to lack of minimum participation or other extenuating circumstances.
- Request for cancellation is received in writing or via email no later than 3 weeks prior to the event.