- This event has passed.
Charlotte Symphony Orchestra at Anne Springs Close Greenway
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
The Anne Springs Close Greenway announced details this week regarding a tribute concert planned in honor of Anne Springs Close at the Comporium Amphitheater for Sunday, Sept. 25 featuring the internationally acclaimed Charlotte Symphony Orchestra (CSO).
The Greenway will also host a canned food and book drive. Attendees are invited to bring canned or boxed food items to be donated to Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina or a gently used book to fill our little library located behind the Greenway Gateway.
Attendees are encouraged to bring blankets, chairs and picnics for their enjoyment. Admission is free, and the parking fee has been waived for this special event.
The concert will take place at the Comporium Amphitheater. Gates will open at 2pm, with the orchestra playing a mix light classical music from 3-4pm, including:
- Hoe Down from “Rodeo”, Copland
- Andante Festivo, Opus 117a – Sibeliu
- String Quartet No. 2 “Company” – Glass
- Elegiac Melodies, Opus 34 (II. Last Spring) – Grieg
- With Malice Toward None (from Lincoln) – Williams
- Divertimenti K. 138 (Mvt. I) – Mozart
- Danse Negre, Op. 35, No 4 – Coleridge-Taylor / arr. Daniel Bukin
- Ashokan Farewell – Ungar / arr. Bob Cerulli
- St. Paul’s Suite for String Orchestra (I. Gigue)– Holst
Beer, wine and soda will be available for purchase. No tents, glass or outside alcohol allowed. Well-behaved dogs on leash are welcome to attend. Please remember to Leave No Trace when visiting the Greenway.