- This event has passed.
MTB Clinic: Beginner 1
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Have fun while learning how to mountain bike!
This program is perfect if you:
- Are new to exercising or fitness activities
- Can bike or walk on a mostly flat, paved surface at least 45 minutes
- Are new to trail riding
- Want to maximize enjoyment and safety in a new sport
Skills covered in this program may include:
- About 80% of program is on fields and gravel road, 20% on trail
- Basic bike fitting for best performance
- Trail etiquette and safety
- Operation of brakes and gears
- Body position on the bike for stability and balance
- Riding narrow singletrack trails
Bring your own bike and helmet.
- Ages: 13 and older (Participants younger than 18 must have a guardian remain on property during the program.)
- Cost: $55 per person, 20% discount for members
- New in 2023: Registration PLUS bike rental $85 per person, 20% discount for members
- If you are renting a bike, please arrive 30 minutes early for bike fitting.
Spring season (Mar-May) – Registration opens Feb. 15
Summer Season (June-Aug) – Registration opens May 15
Late season (Sept-Dec) – Registration opens Aug. 15
Programs are rain or shine, except for severe weather. If we cancel due to severe weather, we will provide a full refund. If you cancel more than 48 hours in advance, we will provide a refund. If you cancel with less than 48 hour notice, you will not be eligible for a refund or the option to reschedule.