National Trails Day
June 1, 2024
Let’s hit the trails! Enjoy free entry to the Anne Springs Close Greenway on National Trails Day. With our combined efforts, the Anne Springs Close Greenway aims to record 2,000 miles of trails covered.
Guests blew past our 1,000-mile challenge last year by recording a total of 1,912.98 miles! This year, we know we can work together to reach 2,000! Find estimated mileage by multiplying the number in your group (including dogs and horses) by the mileage of the trail(s) you hiked/biked/rode. You may also count the number of paddling loops you completed on Lake Haigler.
Not only will recording miles help us reach our goals, but the Greenway will raffle off a membership and a White Oak Tree from Fast Growing Trees to those who recorded miles.
Come enjoy the trails on your own, alongside friends and family, or with these guided options.
Intro to Hiking on the Greenway hikes will cover fewer than two miles, offer information about each entrance and discuss our trail system.
- 8am: Intro to Hiking on the Greenway, from Horse Barn at Stables entrance
- 9am: Intro to Hiking on the Greenway, from Adventure Road entrance
- 10am: Intro to Hiking on the Greenway, from Dairy Barn entrance
- 11am: Intro to Hiking on the Greenway, Lake Haigler entrance
- 1pm: Get to Know the Greenway Van Tour (Free but advance registration is required. REGISTER HERE)
- 2:30pm: Get to Know the Greenway Van Tour (Free but advance registration is required. REGISTER HERE)
- 4pm: Get to Know the Greenway Van Tour (Free but advance registration is required. REGISTER HERE)
- 7:45am: Hiking Club Blue Star Hike
- Park at the Blue Star entrance, and catch a group ride to Stables entrance. Hike the entire 8-mile Blue Star trail that spans the two entrances. Bring water and snacks. Groups will take breaks. End at the parking lot where you left your car.
- 8am: DIY Trail Mix Station, Design Your Own Bookmark and wildflower seed packets in Greenway Gateway visitor center at Lake Haigler entrance until 5pm or while supplies last.
- Noon: Meet the Greenway Natural Resources team at the Gateway Canteen until 1:30pm
Love our trails? So do we! Donate today to support the maintenance of our trails and their bridges.
Want more prizes? After you have logged your Greenway miles, take the National Trails Day Pledge to win one of four prize packs from American Hiking Society.