Couch to 5kJun 9 - Aug 11 , 2018
This 10 week program is designed for those who are just starting out running or are looking to get back into it after some time off. In particular it is geared for those who are looking for a support network to keep them motivated and having fun! We have two primary goals: 1) Help you complete a 5k at your own pace and 2) Help you learn to love running, which is why we will be spending time enjoying the beautiful trails at the Greenway – running along shady trails, splashing through creeks and walking past historic sites. We will provide a 10 week training program as well as a way for you to communicate with your fellow runners. Please remember that this program is at your pace and we can work with you to modify it so it fits you.
We will be hosting an orientation on Wednesday, June 6th. This orientation is open to anyone, registered or not, to learn more about the program. The program starts that following Saturday, June 9th at 8:30am and will meet every Saturday for 10 weeks until August 11th. At the end of the program we will have a fun race at our Summer Concert Series and a little celebration for completing the program.
If you have questions about this program please contact Sara Lee [email protected] Registration is required if you are participating in the training (starting Saturday, June 9th). It is not required for the orientation on Wednesday, June 6th.
- Saturday, Jun 9 8:30 AM Add to cal
- Saturday, Jun 16 8:30 AM Add to cal
- Saturday, Jun 23 8:30 AM Add to cal
- Sunday, Jun 24 8:30 AM Add to cal
- Saturday, Jun 30 8:30 AM Add to cal
- Saturday, Jul 7 8:30 AM Add to cal
- Saturday, Jul 14 8:30 AM Add to cal
- Saturday, Jul 21 8:30 AM Add to cal
- Saturday, Jul 28 8:30 AM Add to cal
- Saturday, Aug 4 8:30 AM Add to cal
- Saturday, Aug 11 8:30 AM Add to cal