Intro to Trail Running ProgramNov 18 , 2017 - Feb 3 , 2018
Fall and Winter are beautiful times for trail running with the colors and cooler days and Rock Hill Striders will help you explore some of the trails on Anne Springs Close Greenway.
Train for an 8K trail race with this beginner/intermediate program. Under the guidance of an RRCA Certified coach, you’ll receive a weekly training plan, meet up for Saturday group runs on the trails (8 Greenway runs, plus a field trip or two!), and take part in a number of educational clinics on injury prevention, trail etiquette, gear, and nutrition.
Celebrate your success! All finishers of the Trail Mixers Program are invited to take part in the Rock Hill Striders 8K Trail Race on Saturday Feb 10th.
Want to learn more? Explore the Greenway on Saturday Nov 4th and meet the program coaches and volunteers. You can even sign up while you’re here! We’ll be near the Rush Pavilion at 8:00am and available to answer any questions you may have. At 8:30am some of us will go on a short run around Lake Haigler and you’re welcome to join us! Non-Greenway members will be required to pay the $5 daily usage fee to attend the Information Session.
What to Bring: Dress to run in the weather, and be sure you have comfortable running shoes with good traction. Bring your own bottled water.
Saturdays: November 18-February 3
Program Fee: $60/Greenway Members - pay at Complex on the Greenway or online at bit.ly/GreenwayReg. Non-Greenway members required to open an Annual Greenway Individual Membership ($49) to participate.
If you have any questions and cannot make it to the Info session, please feel free to email [email protected].
- Saturday, Nov 18 8:00 AM Add to cal
- Saturday, Nov 25 8:00 AM Add to cal
- Saturday, Dec 2 8:00 AM Add to cal
- Saturday, Dec 9 8:00 AM Add to cal
- Saturday, Dec 16 8:00 AM Add to cal
- Saturday, Dec 23 8:00 AM Add to cal
- Saturday, Dec 30 8:00 AM Add to cal
- Saturday, Jan 6 8:00 AM Add to cal
- Saturday, Jan 13 8:00 AM Add to cal
- Saturday, Jan 20 8:00 AM Add to cal
- Saturday, Jan 27 8:00 AM Add to cal
- Saturday, Feb 3 8:00 AM Add to cal