Extend education beyond classroom walls. Find the right Greenway program to inspire and engage your student!
Click the tabs below to learn what each program offers.
What is the Greenway Preschool?
The Anne Springs Close Greenway Nature-Based Preschool fulfills the mission to connect people with nature in various ways by developing a sense of wonder and appreciation for nature in our youngest community members. Our half-day preschool program prepares your preschooler for kindergarten while having a positive impact on your child's emotional, mental, physical and social development.
Questions? Please contact Greenway Preschool at Preschool@ascgreenway.org or 803.547.1078.
What is Outdoor Experiential Learning?
Outdoor Experiential Learning (OEL) is unique, customizable outdoor programming tailored to meet a variety of education and recreation needs. Recreation components such as hiking, kayaking and mountain biking are paired with educational elements such as history, water ecology and prairie ecology to create a well-rounded program. We can make programs as physical/passive or educational/recreational as you need. Complete the OEL Interest Form and we will help you create the perfect program for your student(s).
Who is OEL designed for and how does it work?
OEL is for virtual students looking to supplement online learning, homeschool families and co-ops, schools looking for field trip or outreach opportunities, anyone looking to participate in outdoor, hands-on learning.
Complete the interest form and we will contact you to discuss your specific needs. At least one parent/chaperone required to stay with group at no charge. Additional pricing available parent participants.
What are the advantages of OEL?
- Highly interactive and customizable programs
- Can be adapted for any age range
- Work within a variety of budgets
- Meet SC School Curriculum Standards (where applicable)
- Led by trained Outdoor Program staff
- Schedule a one time program or a series to build knowledge over the semester
How much does it cost?
Pricing is based on specific programming. Series pricing and larger group/per child pricing available.
What are we doing to keep your students safe?
- All programs are private so only those you invite to join the program will be there.
- All students and staff (including our Outdoor Program Staff) will be health screened and temperature checked prior to the start of the program. Anyone exceeding the CDC recommended temperature max of 100.4F will not be able to participate.
- All students and staff will be offered hand sanitizer as they arrive and at regular intervals throughout the program and then again when they leave.
- Our staff will wear masks for any close contact activities and will only remove masks if they are 10ft away from students or performing a high-activity program (kayaking, mountain biking, etc.).
- All programs are conducted outdoors in the fresh air and students are rarely in enclosed spaces.
Questions? Please contact Sara Lee or 803.547.1086.