Girl Scouts on the Greenway
The Greenway offers a variety of hands-on, interactive learning programs specifically designed to meet Girl Scout badge requirements.
Let our experienced team help your Girl Scout troop earn their outdoor badges! All our programs either help you earn the badge or get you one step away from it. Our Girl Scout Badge Program and pricing for it are based on a private program with just your troop. We also offer public programs that are open to all Girl Scouts.
For more information on Girl Scout program opportunities or to schedule a field trip, please contact Sara Lee, Programs Director, or 803.547.1086.
2020-2021 Public Girl Scout Programs
(click program title to register)
Cadette Archery Badge ($20 per Girl Scout)
Date: Saturday, January 30th from 10a-12p
Location: Adventure Center
Come out to the Anne Springs Close Greenway to take aim learning some new skills! Girls will be trained in archery range safety, basic form, and proper execution. Girls will have time to practice their new skills while creating challenges for their fellow participants.
- Get to know archery equipment
- Learn about archery safety
- Practice archery before you go on a range
- Shoot on an archery range
- Create an archery challenge
Daisy/Brownie Sense Badge ($12 per Girl Scout)
Date: Saturday, February 27th from 10:30a-12p
Location: Lake Haigler Entrance
Come out to the Anne Springs Close Greenway to explore your five senses in nature. How rough is a tree’s bark, what does that plant smell like, what birds do we hear? Get the most out of your hike by using all your senses. We will explore the Anne Springs Close Greenway using taste, touch, smell, hearing, and sight, giving ourselves the greatest experience possible. Will cover all components of the Senses Brownie Investigation Badge.
- Look around
- Listen to the world
- Put your nose to work
- Take a taste test
- Touch and feel
Brownie Outdoor Adventure Badge ($15 per Girl Scout)
Date: Saturday, March 20th from 10a-12p
Location: Lake Haigler Entrance
Get ready for a few hours of adventure at the Anne Springs Close Greenway! We will start by playing some outdoor games and then learn some outdoor skills (can anybody say ‘sleeping bag race’!). Then prepare to get wet as we explore in our creek looking for all sorts of critters. Will cover all the components of the Outdoor Adventure badge, except one.
- Play outdoors in a new way
- Explore nature
- Buddy up and play outdoor games
- Learn a camp skill
- Care for the outdoors
Junior Gardener Badge ($20 per Girl Scout)
Date: Saturday, April 24th from 9a-11a
Location: Dairy Barn Entrance
Did you know the Greenway is home to a Plant-A-Row Garden, where all the produce grown is donated to a local good bank? For the gardener badge we will visit this lovely outdoor garden and learn about all the different vegetables and flowers that are grown here. Girl Scouts will also assist with some planting in the garden before working on making their own mini Zen garden or terrarium. We will wrap up with putting together an experiment that girls can take home to watch the results of.
- Visit a garden
- Explore garden design
- Learn how to choose garden plants
- Experiment with seeds
- Grow your garden
Boy Scouts on the Greenway
The Greenway is proud to be the chartering organization for both a Cub Scout Pack and Boy Scout Troop.
The Anne Springs Close Greenway plays host to scouts from around the region, assisting with scouting projects, programs, camping trips and other events. The Greenway also serves as a great location for scouts to earn merit badges, pins and complete volunteer projects. Staff members can be available to assist in facilitating scouting activities on the Greenway.
Scout groups can reserve tent campsites or inquire about field camping in various locations on the Greenway.
For more information on scouting projects and camping reservations email email@example.com or call 803.547-4575.
Thank you for considering the Greenway for your Scout camping event! Please review our policies below before submitting an interest request.
Group Camping Policies
- Scout Camping is $8/person/night (including adults). Group camping requires a minimum of 10 people. Please note all group campouts are automatically charged $50 for firewood which we provide.
- All payments are due the Monday prior to rental and are non-refundable at that point. If there is a severe weather event (as judged by Greenway staff) and we cancel your campout, we will refund you.
- Please pack in and pack out. The campsite should be left in good, clean condition. Absolutely no glass or outside alcohol allowed.
- All fires must remain in a designated fire ring and be monitored at all times. If a fire is unmonitored it must be completely put out. You may bring your own firewood or we can supply you with some ($20/bundle, $100/cord). Please do not cut down any live trees.
- Gear drop off can be arranged but all cars must be parked in the designated parking area as described to you at the time of reservation. All tents must be packed up and the campsite clear by 10a on your final day of rental. You may still enjoy the property but the campsite should be clear and cars in the parking lot.
- Greenway gates will be closed and ‘dummy locked’ when you have a rental. Should you need to leave the property just take the locks off and open the gate. Please be sure to close the gate as you leave.
- If you have an emergency, please call 911. A staff number will be provided to you upon booking in case of emergencies.