Girl Scouts on the Greenway
The Greenway offers a variety of hands-on, interactive learning programs specifically designed to meet Girl Scout badge requirements.
Let our experienced team help your Girl Scout troop earn their outdoor badges! All our programs either help you earn the badge or get you one step away from it. Our Girl Scout Badge Program and pricing for it are based on a private program with just your troop. We also offer public programs that are open to all Girl Scouts.
For more information on Girl Scout program opportunities or to schedule a field trip, please contact Max Duggins, Outdoor Program Manager, or 803.396.0211.
2021-2022 Public Girl Scout Programs
(click program title to register)
Girl Scout Gardener Badge ($15 per Girl Scout)
Date: September 22, 5-7pm
Location: Dairy Barn Entrance
Did you know the Greenway is home to a Plant-A-Row Garden, where all the produce grown is donated to a local good bank? For the gardener badge we will visit this lovely outdoor garden and learn about all the different vegetables and flowers that are grown here. Girl Scouts will also assist with some planting in the garden before working on making their own mini Zen garden or terrarium. We will wrap up with putting together an experiment that girls can take home to observe.
- Visit a garden
- Explore garden design
- Learn how to choose garden plants
- Experiment with seeds
- Grow your garden
Girl Scout Campout ($24 per person)
Date: October 22-23
Location: Dairy Barn Entrance
If your Girl Scouts want to go camping, but you’re less than enthused about driving hours away into the backwoods, come camp “Close” to home at the Anne Springs Close Greenway. Our Outdoor Program facilitators can provide guidance with starting the fire, pitching tents, and other camping skills. Facilitators will be happy to suggest trails to hike, Greenway sites to visit, and assist with components of any outdoor badge. A hot-dog dinner, s’mores, and light breakfast the following morning will be provided. Check out by 10am on Saturday, Oct. 23.
- Start planning your adventure
- Gain a new camping skill
- Find your inner camp chef
- Try a new activity
- Head out on your trip and have some nighttime fun!
Girl Scouts: Art in the Outdoors ($20 members, $26 non-members)
Date: Nov. 20, 1-4pm
Location: Nature Center at Lake Haigler Entrance
Whether your scouts are Daisies, Seniors or anywhere in between, they have an Art in the Outdoors badge. During this afternoon program, we’ll enlist the help of outdoor art experts to accomplish several requirements toward completing your Art in the Outdoors badge with some fun art themed activities. Girl Scouts ages 5-17 are invited to a nature photography session, build terraria, make music inspired by nature and make a nature themed craft to share. Bring closed-toe shoes and clothes that can dirty, a water bottle, and your creativity!
- Explore outdoor art
- Make something!
- Find music in nature
- Be a nature photographer
- Design with nature
Boy Scouts on the Greenway
The Greenway is proud to be the chartering organization for both a Cub Scout Pack and Boy Scout Troop.
The Anne Springs Close Greenway plays host to scouts from around the region, assisting with scouting projects, programs, camping trips and other events. The Greenway also serves as a great location for scouts to earn merit badges, pins and complete volunteer projects. Staff members can be available to assist in facilitating scouting activities on the Greenway.
Scout groups can reserve tent campsites or inquire about field camping in various locations on the Greenway.
For more information on scouting projects and camping reservations email email@example.com or call 803.547-4575.
Thank you for considering the Greenway for your Scout camping event! Please review our policies below before submitting an interest request.
Group Camping Policies
- Scout Camping is $8/person/night (including adults). Group camping requires a minimum of 10 people. Please note all group campouts are automatically charged $50 for firewood which we provide.
- All payments are due the Monday prior to rental and are non-refundable at that point. If there is a severe weather event (as judged by Greenway staff) and we cancel your campout, we will refund you.
- Please pack in and pack out. The campsite should be left in good, clean condition. Absolutely no glass or outside alcohol allowed.
- All fires must remain in a designated fire ring and be monitored at all times. If a fire is unmonitored it must be completely put out. You may bring your own firewood or we can supply you with some ($20/bundle, $100/cord). Please do not cut down any live trees.
- Gear drop off can be arranged but all cars must be parked in the designated parking area as described to you at the time of reservation. All tents must be packed up and the campsite clear by 10a on your final day of rental. You may still enjoy the property but the campsite should be clear and cars in the parking lot.
- Greenway gates will be closed and ‘dummy locked’ when you have a rental. Should you need to leave the property just take the locks off and open the gate. Please be sure to close the gate as you leave.
- If you have an emergency, please call 911. A staff number will be provided to you upon booking in case of emergencies.