Kayaks & Paddle Boards
Kayaking and stand-up paddleboarding are popular activities at the Anne Springs Close Greenway℠.
Make an advanced reservation for your next water activity. Kayaks and paddleboards are distributed on a first-come basis for those who have registered in advance, and members receive a discount.
Rules & Guidelines
- Kayak rentals are available seasonally on Saturdays and Sundays. New in 2024, kayak rentals will also be offered on Wednesdays and Fridays from June 5 - August 2.
- Bring your own non-motorized boats, kayaks and stand-up paddle boards to unload by use of boat ramps at Lake Crandall and Stumpy Pond. Boats must be walked to the Lake Haigler Kayak Launch at the Lake Haigler Entrance.
- Gas-powered boat motors are prohibited on the Greenway℠. Battery-powered trolling motors are allowed.
Spend time paddling the peaceful waters of Lake Haigler for fitness, fun, relaxation or scenic views.
- Reservations are required and must be made online or via guest services. No transactions will be processed onsite.
- On Saturdays and Sundays, time slots are available in two-hour increments beginning at 9am. The last time slot begins at 3pm. On Wednesdays and Fridays, time slots are available in two-hour increments beginning at 4pm. The last time slot begins at 6pm. You may arrive at anytime during the two-hour spot, but you must complete your rental by the end of the two-hour time period.
- Registration is PER PERSON, not per boat. You must register for any child participating regardless of age.*
- Well behaved leashed dogs are allowed on the kayaks.
- Boat options are first-come, first served. You are not guaranteed any specific type of vessel.
- We strongly recommend that you do not bring valuables (including your phone) on the water.
- We have PFD’s available for participants 30 lbs. and greater. If your child requires an infant PFD (0-30 lbs.), you must bring your own.
- No swimming is allowed in Lake Haigler.
*Children 7 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian in a tandem kayak. Children 8-16 must be accompanied by a
parent or guardian in a nearby canoe or kayak. Children 17-18 must have a waiver signed by a arent or guardian.
Single Kayak/Tandem Kayak/SUP Paddle Board Rental
Two-Hour Rental: Non-member $16 per person | Members receive 50% off**
Boat options are first-come, first served. Reservations are required.
Programs are rain or shine, except for severe weather. If we cancel due to severe weather, we will provide a full refund. If you cancel more than 48 hours in advance, we will provide a refund. If you cancel with less than 48 hour notice, you will not be eligible for a refund or the option to reschedule.
The Anne Springs Close Greenway℠ offers many opportunities for fishing. Members may fish at the following locations:
- Lake Crandall
- Lake Frances
- Lake Haigler
- Lake Katherine
- Stumpy Pond
Boats are allowed on these waters where accessible during non-program and summer camp times. No gas-powered motors are allowed.
Both visitors and members may fish when participating in one of the Greenway's fishing clinics. See the Greenway's web calendar for additional details and registration information for upcoming clinics.
Rules & Guidelines
- Fishing is restricted to members only, and a South Carolina fishing license is required.
- There is no additional fee for members to fish.
- Bass fishing is catch and release only.
- Lakes contain catfish, bass and bream
All trails are currently open, including horse, bike, hike, and dog park trails.
Due to recent heavy rains, the bridge connecting Mill Pond and Tunnel trail is closed.
Trestle trail is closed due to storm damage.
Hours: 7am - Sunset
Daily Admission Fees:
$12 per person | Youth (ages 5-12) $6 per person
Trailering In - $20/horse (Lake Haigler Entrance only)
Free to Members. JOIN TODAY!
Guest Services Front Desk: 803.547.4575
Trail hotline: 803.547.1019
Only debit/credit cards are accepted at our Welcome Stations.
Cash & cards are accepted at the Greenway Gateway.