Mary Warner Mack Dog Park Membership
148 Adventure Road, Fort Mill, SC 29715
Located on the Anne Springs Close Greenway, the Mary Warner Mack Dog Park features over 12 acres of enclosed natural space for dogs of all sizes to play and socialize. Situated among a mature hardwood forest and young stand of longleaf pines, the park provides a unique setting for dog lovers to enjoy time with their pets and is dedicated in loving memory to the life of Mary Warner Mack.
The Mary Warner Mack Dog park is open to dogs of all sizes and includes a designated area for small dogs, as well as a mile-long off-leash trail leading to lakefront access. Other park amenities include a dog washing station, hydration stations, dog waste collection stations, benches and more. Access is granted to dog park members only and park rules have been adopted for the protection of the dogs, handlers, visitors and Greenway property. The park is conveniently located at the Adventure Road Entrance on Springfield Parkway in Fort Mill and is open seven days a week.
Dog Park memberships can be added to Greenway and Recreation Complex memberships with proof of current vaccinations and spaying/neutering. To become a Dog Park member, call 803-547-4575 or stop by Greenway Headquarters, 250 Dairy Barn Lane, Fort Mill, SC.
The Mary Warner Mack Dog Park is now open to members. To join, please bring necessary forms and vaccination records to Greenway Headquarters, 250 Dairy Barn Lane, Fort Mill. Click here for hours of operation.
Monday – Sunday*
7:00 am – Sunset
* The park will open at 1:00 pm on Tuesdays to allow for park maintenance.
A membership to the Anne Springs Close Greenway is required in order to qualify for membership to the Mary Warner Mack Dog Park. Dog Park memberships may be added to any Family or Individual Greenway memberships where the member is 16 years of age or older.
How to Join
- Fill out Membership Application and bring to Greenway Headquarters, 250 Dairy Barn Lane. All dogs included on membership application must have current vaccination records and be spayed/neutered. Proof of records is required before joining. Vaccinations required include Rabies, Bordetella and Parvo(DHLPP).
- In order to be a member of the Mary Warner Mack Dog Park you must be a current Greenway member. Memberships can be purchased at Greenway Headquarters at time of registration.
- Dog Park members must be 16 years or older. Children 12 and under are not permitted inside the Park; children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- No more than four (4) dogs are allowed per membership.
- Membership requires a $10/month fee payable by monthly auto-draft or in total annually.
For a complete list of park rules, please see below.
Dog Park Rules
To ensure you and your dogs enjoy a friendly and safe environment, please observe the following rules:
- Only Greenway members who have purchased a membership to the Park and their immediate family members may use the Park (each, a “Member” or a “User”). Only dogs registered with the Greenway are allowed inside the Park.
- By using the Park, you agree that you understand and assume all responsibility and liability for the risks of unleashing your dog(s) in the Park and of being in the presence of other unleashed dogs in the Park. The Park is not a supervised facility; therefore Users must abide by the Rules at all times while on the premises and properly supervise their dog(s). Members and individuals accompanying them use the Park entirely at their own risk and that of their dog(s). All Users must behave with common courtesy and respect for other Park Users and the Park itself. We realize Member socialization is a great added value to the Park, but please remember that your first priority is the proper supervision of your dog(s). By entering the Park, you agree to indemnify the Greenway and Leroy Springs & Company, Inc. for any liability or damages incurred by them related to the actions or negligence of you or your dog while in or around the Park.
- The Park operates on the same schedule as the Greenway. No entry is permitted at any time while the main gates to the Greenway are closed.
- The Greenway is not responsible for any individual or any dog. Enter at your own risk. Each User must remain in sole control of the User’s dog. The Greenway assumes no responsibility for the welfare, control, care or custody of any dog.
- All dogs shall have on an identification collar and display the Park identification tag. No choke or prong collars are allowed.
- Children 12 and under are not permitted inside the Park; children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Each Member may have a maximum of two (2) dogs at a time in the Park. Each household may register up to four (4) dogs for Park admission.
- All dogs must be spayed / neutered and registered on your Park membership with proof of current vaccinations required by the Greenway.
- Users must clean up after their dogs and dispose of waste in the containers provided.
- Dogs under 4 months old and sick dogs are not allowed in the Park.
- No food, treats, or bones are allowed inside the Park.
- Glass products, as well as smoking and other tobacco products, are prohibited in the Park.
- Dogs must be off leash when in the Park. Users must carry a leash and remain inside the fenced area within view and voice control of their dogs at all times. If it becomes necessary to leash a dog while in the Park, please exit the Park promptly.
- Dogs with a history of biting or aggressive behavior are not allowed in the Park. The Greenway has the right, in its sole discretion, to deny Park entry to any dog a Greenway staff member determines is an aggressive breed or an aggressive dog. Dogs exhibiting aggressive behavior, and uncontrollable dogs, must be leashed and removed from the Park immediately.
- Users must stop dogs from digging and fill any hole created by their dog.
- No wheeled vehicles, including strollers, are allowed, except wheelchairs used by people with physical challenges.
- Users are solely responsible for any injury or damage caused by their dog. Never leave a dog unattended. If your dog inflicts an injury, give your name and telephone number to the other dog’s owner before leaving.
- Dogs must remain on a leash at all times while outside of the designated Park areas.
- Do not approach or pet any dog not belonging to you without the owner’s permission.
- Users who fail to abide by these Rules are subject to loss of Park privileges.
- Immediately report ALL dog bites by contacting the SC Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) office at 803.909.7379 or York County Animal Control at 803.628.3190. If the bite occurs after hours or on the weekend, call the York County Emergency Services number at 803.329.1110. You must also report dog bites to Greenway headquarters by calling 803.547.4575. IN CASE OF EMERGENCY, CALL 911 IMMEDIATELY.
- The Greenway will have the authority to close the Park for maintenance, weather related problems, and special events as needed.
- The Greenway and LSC have the right to modify these Rules at any time in their sole discretion.
The Anne Springs Close Greenway will have the authority to close the park for maintenance, weather related problems and special events as needed. The Anne Springs Close Greenway reserves the right to modify these rules as necessary to ensure the safety of all as well as the smooth operation of the park.
How to Enter the Dog Park
The Mary Warner Mack Dog Park is comprised of three separate fenced areas: A small dog park (for dogs under 30 lbs.), a large dog park (for dogs over 30 lbs.), and an off-leash trail area for all dogs. The off-leash trail area is partially bordered by Lake Frances. The lake serves as a border to the off-leash trail area, but is not fenced on the far side. It is possible for dogs to swim across the lake and be outside of the fenced area. For the safety of your dog, please ensure your dog responds properly to voice commands prior to allowing your dog to swim.
The park contains one entry and exit point located near the main parking area. Keep dogs leashed until inside the unleashing lobby. Allow other members to exit the unleashing lobby before entering. Enter the unleashing lobby by entering the provided code on the keypad. New codes will be emailed periodically. Please close the gate securely behind you and do not hold the gate open for other members. Unleash your dog and take a brief moment to observe the behavior of the other dogs in the park. If the behavior of your dog and the dogs in the park is friendly, open the gate to enter the park and securely close it behind you.
Off-Leash Trail Area
The off-leash trail area ranges in difficulty from easy to moderately strenuous and leads downhill to Lake Frances. There are opportunities for your dog to escape this area through, around and under the perimeter fence or across the lake. Owners should keep dogs in view and under voice command.
The park contains multiple service entrances to provide access for maintenance and emergency personnel. Please do not enter or exit through these gates. If you notice a service gate is unlocked or unsecured, please call Member Services at 803-547-4575 or contact the Welcome Station Attendant at the Adventure Road Entrance to the Greenway.
New entry codes will be emailed periodically. If you have trouble entering the park, call Member Services at 803-547-4575 or contact the Welcome Station Attendant at the Adventure Road Entrance to the Greenway.
For dog park status, call 803-547-1019.